Friday, January 17, 2014

Bust A Move

 

Let's have an honest session here...who neglects their daily staying healthy, fit and active routines? Ready... Go... ME! I am my own worst enemy at times with this. I constantly have always battled keeping up with my daily workouts and being true to myself. After having a child, I seemed as if it got worse to these commitments. As every year the New Year would bring "I am doing it", well as the years went by my New Years resolution always went down the drain. For whatever reason I found excuses and my summer days were spent at the lake house drinking vino..I mean why would I want to workout on 75 degree sunny days? Well that was the "Id" in me always talking. What I would do is eat anything under the sun that had sugar and fat because in my mind I could. Well yes, I could but I really wasn't being true by having "cheat days" which ended up turning into an everyday being a ''cheat day" for me. You are probably thinking whoa Nelly where's the control? And that's right, I had none for myself. Pathetic? More like triple 100 times pathetic. There would be times where I couldn't even look at french fries or a brownie without having a stare down for 10 minutes debating on whether or not that's going in my stomach or being left alone. (I bet you want to know who won) Sad but true my eyes and stomach won..Dang it! I did it again..I was left in a war with myself. But you see there is hope. It's call fighting the fight and finding it inside yourself to actually do something about it! I made it a point to start a run routine 4 days a week in the summer of 2013 at a park down the road from me, but as even the days got at a higher temperature I began to slow it down and eventually it because at a halt. See, I did it again. Failed to complete what needs to be a lifestyle change. I don't like to call it diet. Diet is a fad and is temporary. Lifestyle change is changing what you eat and making the healthy choices a part of who you are permanently. After the ring of the New Year of 2014 I cracked. I cracked over the fact that I, me, myself couldn't hold on to a commitment.
This is where I will share my handy dandy workout routines with you that I have incorporated into my everyday life. Let's just say I'm on day 8 with the Tracy Anderson Method and Zumba 3 days a week...

 
One thing you can do is if you have children, include them into your workout. (It's good to drive them to a healthy start at a young age) . Make your workouts fun, challenging and one of your "feel good" things to get your day going.
 
 
I'm no health coach or nutritionist, but my routines that have helped me along the way, I want to share with all of you! I want to encourage whoever you are out there to never to neglect yourself or make excuses for why you don't have time to stay healthy. Let me tell you, I was at that place and I never want to revisit it again! When I workout and eat healthy, I am such a happier human being. Not only does it release the endorphins, but by the end of a workout you want to pat yourself on the back for striving to be better and keeping the commitment. The night owl in me, I prefer my workouts in the evening so whatever preference you have do it to your liking! Plus, I believe in mind over matter. If you already put your mind into that you are dreading it, it would be a dreadful workout. But if you start with a smile on your face, and find that something that pumps you up, then your workout will be determination and success. Don't put it down before it even started. (I am speaking from my own experiences).
 
Now with that being said, I believe we all have to indulge into junk food(in moderation) once in awhile so we don't deprive ourselves from it. We all know how temptation can chew us and spit us right out.
 
So ladies and gents go bust a move today! Today, I did my Tracy Anderson Method already and feel like a million bucks. I promise you will too! Find a workout that suites you best!

 
Look forward to my upcoming post for tips and my routines!
 
Happy Healthy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment