Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bonding With Nature


Who would have thought technology would have taken over our lives in a sense? From cell phones to social media, it some how wrapped us around it's little finger. I admit, I'm even guilty of the distasteful habit. Electronics seem to be constantly at our nose and I feel it's more important than ever to get our children outdoors more so than not. In my deepest belief children need to use their imagination to discover more than what's inside their everyday life. Teach them the names of flowers and trees, or even explain how they grow. Teach them the rotation of the earth and why the sun comes out more days then others. Can you tell I am a big advocate on this? (with a smile)

From my own personal outcomes getting my daughter outside as much as possible throughout the day and taking the time to explain things about the nature around us has always made a positive impact by giving her a sense of understanding and knowledge. As it was engraved into me always to get outdoors (I can thank my parents for that one), I want to pass that importance to my child.

                                    
As I ponder on these thoughts daily, I hope I am out there inspiring people as I am surrounded by people whom inspire me. I leave you with...


Today look into the sky and dissect the trees around you. Go ahead...bond with nature..(with your children too).
I promise it will be worth it.


"Look deep into nature...and you will understand everything better"-Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment