Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Spiritual Side Of Things


Clear your mind and breathe deeply. May this post not exist of mundane or put you to sleep, but rethink your life for a peaceful one. Enjoy!

The older and wiser I become, the more I become in tune with my inner being. I'm flabbergasted by the outcome when I incorporate meditation, yoga and spiritual guidance into my life. I can't begin to tell you how amazing I really feel after I set these routines in my everyday schedule. Though it's just my opinion, my opinion is that this world really lacks this connection with our soul. When I talk about soul, it's totally different from our bodies. You may think I'm off my rocker a bit, but truth be told that the body is our physical component of our being and our soul is who we are; it is a part of our spiritual component.
The more I open my eyes to this world, the more I see hatred, greed and cruelty than love and acceptance. Though, I remain optimistic in hopes for change, I do a huge part to carry out the good in myself and others. I look at it this way. We all have bubbles. Bubbles of different beliefs, religion and thoughts. It's all based on how you choose to live your life. I try to remain simple as possible. Less TV and more educating myself on positive things. I rather engage into my soul of what's lurking than to absorb myself into negative energy and heart wrenching stories on the news. I find my life is more at bliss that way.
 
I have yoga classes every Tuesday and walk out feeling refreshed and renewed. (Yes I bought a cheetah yoga mat). Yoga in style!
 
 
Oh, Deepak Chopra! How his books enlighten me ten folds. It's hard to put his books to rest.
One of my favorite quotes of mine by Deepak is:
 "IN THE MIDST OF MOVEMENT AND CHAOS, KEEP STILLNESS INSIDE OF YOU" 
 
 My oh my, how that just pulls heart strings with me. Perhaps, it's because it's simple and true yet easy to forget to do. The other book I been reading is by: Wendy Shanker, called "Are you my Guru" based on meditation. No matter what is ailing you, this book will make a remarkable fulfillment inside you. I rented these books at my local library to test the waters out for a good read. Not to my surprise, I have been highly satisfied with my choice for these books!
 
 
I try to instill Buddha's way of living into my life as much as possible. After learning about Buddha, I really have been inspired by all the good qualities. "A Buddha's compassion, to wisdom and power are completely beyond conception, With nothing left to obscure his mind, he sees all phenomena throughout the universe as clearly as he sees a jewel held in the palm of his hand".
 I love the word "Dharma" . It means "protection". By practicing Buddha's teachings we protect our self from suffering and problems. I could go on forever on the many affects Buddha's teachings have switched up my way of thinking and living.
 
 
Because I can't be into the spiritual side of things and not have my own Buddha head at home. Not only is it a part of my decor theme, but it's a good reminder every time I take a glance at this meaningful statue.
 
 
I am a sucked for motivational quotes. I posted a few that I think is worth reading!
 

 


 
 
Stay tuned for my next posts! Keep the peace inside you, friends!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment