Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bunnies And Burlap

                                                       

Whoa. I'm just 2 weeks late with my Easter kiddie tablescape post. Better late than never, right?
(procrastination pops up once in a blue moon) Nonetheless, this has been TOO much fun creating this for my daughter whom loves little surprises and decorations.

I could literally do this as a full time job. This my friends, is what I call using your creativity to the fullest. The look I wanted to go for was a shabby/chic/vintage//rustic tablescape. That look combined in one, has my name written all over it. The decor is just so timeless and just perfect for a little 3 1/2 year olds little table! This by far has been my favorite table to decorate!

     I first laid out all of my decor supplies to organize exactly what I what using and what I needed to still craft. One of my most favorite parts was taking my envision and making into something real. It's amazing how our thoughts turn into action.



I bought dollar plastic eggs and spray painted them with gold metallic spray paint. I found fake hydrangeas for a dollar and cut them down to fit in mini tin cans. The burlap and lace runner, rose colored glass egg, yellow-flowered tea light, faux grass center piece, mint green with white polka dot fabric and the string of faux pearls I found at Hobby Lobby for very cheap. I somehow collaborated in my mind as I made this purchase, that the decor would all flow very nicely together.
 
 
Believe it or not, the burlap printed eggs on sticks are put into a wine cork. Due to the sticks not being able to stand on it's own, I had to get very creative on how to make it work. The sweet light blue duck plate I found at the local grocery store for less than 3 dollars. The wooden lace bird I also found at Hobby Lobby and it just screamed vintage all the way.
 
 


I actually found the Easter rustic can and the mini pastel egg carton at Hobby Lobby too. You can never go wrong in that store. It's by far one of my favorite shops to shop at for decorating and craft ideas.
 
                               
 
The mint laced-pearl egg I actually made. I took cardboard and cut out an egg shape. I found mint fabric that I covered it in using fabric glue and glued the lace and faux pearls to it to add a vintage touch. I love the way it turned out! The burlap bunting was my favorite little project! I cut out flag shape burlap pieces and glued doilies to the back of it. I printed out vintage Easter photos to glue on the back of the doilies. I took a white and tan burlap pattern and sewed it at the top to complete the bunting. I ended up draping the faux pearls at the top of the Easter banner!
 
 
This was the "adult" Easter brunch table that I hosted at my abode! I had so much fun with my home encompassed by fresh flowers and treats!
 
 
Friends! Do you know the best and I mean BEST way to make hard boiled eggs?! Bake them! Preheat oven to 350, place in a cupcake pan and cook in the oven for 30 mins! Wallah! The best tasting eggs ever. (I promise)
Little lady coloring eggs the night before Easter! We had so much fun!
 
Madison did such a wonderful job coloring these by herself. Of course with a little help from Mommy and Daddy...
 
Madison's Easter basket I created! I used vintage rose fabric instead grass to create a vintage look, along with faux pearls to lay in her basket!
 
 
My daughter's Easter apparel! And boy did she rock this little outfit out :)
 
 
Madison and I on Easter morning. I swear nothing beats the love and friendship from your own child.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL! Thank you for reading!
 
Until next time...


















No comments:

Post a Comment